Hotel for College Towns Coming to Oxford in 2015
Oxford is more than a town, much more. It's a way of life, a place built with words that holds the heart, mind and spirit of those who call it home whether for four years or a lifetime. Oxford is at the crossroads of Southern culture, class and cuisine. The storied buildings around the picture perfect town square seem to hold the key to Southern culture, equally embracing learning and leisure. In many ways Oxford is a dichotomy, simultaneously offering stimulation and serenity, creativity and calm. Oxford is a state of mind, a gateway to some and a lifelong home to others. It's a place where all four seasons take a firm hold, accentuated by football games, festivals and friendships.
Oxford is full of stories that resonate with a tenor that can only be found in a town that reverberates Southern charisma and charm. Enjoy the slices of life that follow as they are but snapshots of the town and university we so deeply love and admire.
- Texas Visionary Brings Development, Love to Oxford
- Ronzo: The Gateway Drug to Cool
- Ron Shapiro, one-of-a-kind ‘cultural ambassador’ for Oxford, Mississippi, has died
- Four Decades of Oxford’s Square Books
- Tailgating Goes Above and Beyond at the University of Mississippi
- At Ole Miss, evolving perceptions both outward and inward
- Week 6: What Happened To You On Saturday?
- Real Estate Students Network With Wine-Tasting, Plan Future Goals
- The Anatomy of a Field Storming: The Fantastic Saga of the Ole Miss Goalposts
- Hotel for College Towns Coming to Oxford in 2015
- Harvest Supper: An Unforgettable Night
- Movie Magic
- Who Remembers the Rebel Deli?
- American Atlas: Oxford, Mississippi
- The Sounds and the Fury - Down Home with Ole Miss, Beauty Queens and Literary Greatness in Oxford
- Are You Ready to Ryde?
- Ole Miss, MSU Real Estate Producing Grads Schooled in the Art of the Deal
- About Oxford
- Ole Miss’ Bo Wallace and Rebels Boat Race Longhorns 44-23
- Top 10 Best Small Towns, 2013
- Throwback Friday
- Oxford Takes the Tailgate
- Of Parties, Prose and Football
- A Sincere Thank You To The Good Folks of Ole Miss
- America’s Best College Bars
- New Oxford High School Under Construction
- They’re Bitin’ at Ezell’s Fish Camp
- Oxford Ranked as Nation’s Second-Best College Town
- Best of 2012- #4 Oxford Ranked as Nation’s Second-Best College Town
- Oxford Tourism: ‘All Good News’
- Best Breakfasts Around the World
- Take Monday Off: Oxford
- The Grove at Ole Miss
- Goose Creek Club Breaks Ground
- Inside Forbes: On a Visit to Ole Miss, a Look Into Journalism’s Past, Present and Future
- Forward Together: We Are Ole Miss
- Ole Miss National 60 Second Spot
- Sorry We’re Open
- Tailgate Movie
- Ole Miss Football: Vanderbilt Highlight ‘13
- The Tailgating Experience at Ole Miss
- The Pride of the South: From Dixie With Love
- Oxford, Mississippi on CNBC Boomer Nation
- Oxford, Mississippi
- Best Atmosphere in College Baseball
- Ole Miss Football - Opening Weekend 2012
- Ole Miss Football Team Intro 2012
- America’s Game - 1962 Ole Miss Rebels National Champions - John Vaught
- “Lock The Vaught”
- Ole Miss Baseball Home Run Shower
- The Ole Miss Rebels Throw Texas Size Party
- Ole Miss Band Dixie
- Ole Miss HOTTY TODDY Cheer
- The Oak Ridge Boys Tribute to George Jones
- Hoka Video / Documentary
- Oak Ridge Boys Stop in Oxford
- George Will Gives Honors Convocation Address
- College Towns Doubling as Retirement Communities
Hotel for College Towns Coming to Oxford in 2015
-Lindsey Andrews, hottytoddy.com
The Graduate Hotel, a home-away-from-home designed for small college towns, is currently en route to Oxford.
[An illustration of the Graduate Tempe in Arizona.]
Luke Chamblee, of Flowood-based Chamblee Hospitality Group, is developing the hotel and it’s set to replace the now demolished Downtown Oxford Inn on the corner of North Lamar and Jefferson Avenue.
On schedule to open in summer of 2015, the Graduate will bring a new atmosphere to Oxford. According to the company’s Facebook page, “Graduate Hotels are a well-curated, thoughtfully crafted collection of hotels that reside in the most unique college towns across the country.”
Hotels are already located or planned locations in Tempe, Arizona; Athens, Georgia; Madison, Wisconsin; and Charlottesville, Virginia.
The hotel, of course, will offer everything that you would expect of a traditional hotel. The twist is that it will offer the chance for guests to relive their college experiences. Don’t worry — the Graduate will not be the dirty, beer-filled frat house you remember from college.
[A photo of Graduate Athens in Georgia.]
But, it will contain elements of Ole Miss Campus and the town of Oxford. Set to be decorated with hand crafted items and locally inspired artwork, the Graduate is designed to bring you back in time to the best four (or five) years of your life.
Obtained from Business Insider, Ben Weprin, Founder of AJ Capital Partners said “Each property will have its own flair that reflects the personality of each community while also fitting into the national scheme and concept of our brand as a whole.”