Memphis Favorite Mesquite Chop House Opening in Oxford
- Mississippi Queen
- New Feature of the College Tour: First-Class Campus Hotels
- Restaurant Chains Get Burned by Overexpansion, New Rivals
- Blake Tartt III: “I Wouldn’t Be Where I Am Without Ole Miss”
- NCAA High Five
- Welcome to Hillstone, America’s Favorite Restaurant
- Ryde With Us: HottyToddy.com Girls Try PureRyde
- Despite a Housing Recovery, Middle-Income Families Are Increasingly Losing Ground on Affordability
- The Beat Goes on at Raiford’s
- Joel Kotkin talks small town revivalism in Oxford
- Visit Oxford Mississippi
- Grocery stores stuck in the slow checkout line
- Rising rents on the Square has some concerned
- Joel Kotkin, Internationally-Known Urban Development Expert to Speak May 6 at Pavilion
- The End of All Music
- Ole Miss Football: Higher Ground
- JSU and Ole Miss journalism schools announce partnership
- Sugar Bowl 2016
- Thor Equities Completes Residential Foundation Pour At Kirby Collection
- William Faulkner’s Heirs Aim to Preserve His Legacy and Profit From It
- The Allure of Ole Miss Football
- Dinner at Faulkner’s
- Welcome Back September
- Blake Tartt Preserves Oxford History One Building at a Time
- Largest Crowd Ever for Meet the Rebels
- Full Motion Running and Cycling
- Princeton Review Ranks University of Mississippi
- Building A Legacy
- Best Small Town Colleges
- Evening At Rowan Oak
- Archie Manning weighs in on IHL decision
- Khayat: Firing Dan Jones egregious, major mistake
- Hall: College board acted cowardly in Dan Jones matter
- Dan Jones out as Ole Miss chancellor when contract expires Sept. 14
- Ole Miss Chancellor Dan Jones’ contract not renewed
- Memphis Favorite Mesquite Chop House Opening in Oxford
- Creating the Experience
- From the Desk of Dean Norton
- PureRyde Grand Opening Shows Off Equipment
- Are You Ready to Ryde?
- Blake Tartt III Brings Pure Ryde to Oxford
- Pure Ryde Brings Innovation to Cycling Pilates Classes
- Texas Visionary Brings Development Love to Oxford
It’s almost hard to believe that the town of Oxford could further expand its restaurant variety. From small, local specialties like Ajax and Bottletree Bakery to chain favorites like Buffalo Wild Wings and Newk’s, Oxford has never shied away from a diverse choice of eateries.
A recent trend seems to be the bringing of popular restaurants in other states to the Oxford culinary community. Panera Bread, for example, which is known for its restaurants in major cities all over the country, was added to Jackson Avenue last year as the only Panera location in Mississippi. The same semester, Oxford opened The Growler bar on the Square, which was initially a local favorite in Memphis.
Next in line is Mesquite Chop House, a steak and seafood restaurant with locations in downtown Memphis, Germantown and Southaven. Although the exact date of opening is yet to be determined, the restaurant will be located on 1001 E. Jackson Avenue.
“I’ve been to the Mesquite Chop House in Memphis,” senior Phoebe Fitzgerald said. “It’s really good. It’s definitely a nicer place to go because the food is really well prepared, but I think there is something there for everyone. It’s pretty reasonably priced.”
The menu at current locations offers an extensive list of appetizers, “signature greens,” steak, seafood, and vegetables. Stand out items include bacon wrapped duck and the “decadent deviled eggs.” Another favorite will surely be the “steak and chops” selection, which includes a black angus bone in ribeye steak and a prime aged filet, to name only a few items from the list.
The restaurant also offers a complete drink list, including reserve label wine, a wide range of white and red wine, and champagne and sparkling wine. Furthermore, the drink menu includes bottled beer and seasonal draught beer.
The Mesquite Chop House will surely be a new favorite for Oxford residents upon it’s opening. Attached is the current menu for the downtown Memphis location. Due to customer reviews, I personally can’t wait to try the bacon wrapped duck!
Miller Hollingsworth is a HottyToddy.com staff reporter and can be reached at email@example.com.