Ryde With Us: HottyToddy.com Girls Try PureRyde
- Mississippi Queen
- New Feature of the College Tour: First-Class Campus Hotels
- Restaurant Chains Get Burned by Overexpansion, New Rivals
- Blake Tartt III: “I Wouldn’t Be Where I Am Without Ole Miss”
- NCAA High Five
- Welcome to Hillstone, America’s Favorite Restaurant
- Ryde With Us: HottyToddy.com Girls Try PureRyde
- Despite a Housing Recovery, Middle-Income Families Are Increasingly Losing Ground on Affordability
- The Beat Goes on at Raiford’s
- Joel Kotkin talks small town revivalism in Oxford
- Visit Oxford Mississippi
- Grocery stores stuck in the slow checkout line
- Rising rents on the Square has some concerned
- Joel Kotkin, Internationally-Known Urban Development Expert to Speak May 6 at Pavilion
- The End of All Music
- Ole Miss Football: Higher Ground
- JSU and Ole Miss journalism schools announce partnership
- Sugar Bowl 2016
- Thor Equities Completes Residential Foundation Pour At Kirby Collection
- William Faulkner’s Heirs Aim to Preserve His Legacy and Profit From It
- The Allure of Ole Miss Football
- Dinner at Faulkner’s
- Welcome Back September
- Blake Tartt Preserves Oxford History One Building at a Time
- Largest Crowd Ever for Meet the Rebels
- Full Motion Running and Cycling
- Princeton Review Ranks University of Mississippi
- Building A Legacy
- Best Small Town Colleges
- Evening At Rowan Oak
- Archie Manning weighs in on IHL decision
- Khayat: Firing Dan Jones egregious, major mistake
- Hall: College board acted cowardly in Dan Jones matter
- Dan Jones out as Ole Miss chancellor when contract expires Sept. 14
- Ole Miss Chancellor Dan Jones’ contract not renewed
- Memphis Favorite Mesquite Chop House Opening in Oxford
- Creating the Experience
- From the Desk of Dean Norton
- PureRyde Grand Opening Shows Off Equipment
- Are You Ready to Ryde?
- Blake Tartt III Brings Pure Ryde to Oxford
- Pure Ryde Brings Innovation to Cycling Pilates Classes
- Texas Visionary Brings Development Love to Oxford
The hottest workout craze in Oxford is Pure Ryde Cycling and Pilates. HottyToddy.com girls Jac Bedrossian, Alex Kitchens and Meggie Carter clipped in for a session at PureRyde!
First stop: shoes! PureRyde requires every member to wear their signature cleat while cycling. The Giro cycling shoes clip into the bike and help you stay in control during your workout. (*side note*: if you don’t clip in, you’ll probably fall off!)
Now time to get our sweat on!
Our instructor, Allison Thomas, taught us a few of PureRyde’s signature moves. Each spin class lasts 50 minutes and starts with two warmup songs that got our feet moving and our heart rates up.
Warmups are followed by six or seven “total body songs” lead by the instructor using different techniques that incorporate all major muscle groups. After the body section, the instructor leads an arm section of the workout using 2 or 4lb hand weights.
Then we got to call the shots with “Your Ryde.” The instructor turned off the lights for an entire song and we choose which moves to practice. Then the lights came back up and we had one final total body push before we stretched and were out the door.
“PureRyde has the greatest atmosphere,” said Kierston Cook, PureRyde Pilates instructor. “Whether you’re in a class or out in the lobby, you’re excited to be there.”
Bonus: PureRyde is the one of the few places in Oxford that sells Lululemon and Splits59!
Watch the video below to find out what to wear to class!
Follow @hottytoddynews on Snapchat for more of our adventures!