Goose Creek Club Breaks Ground
Oxford is more than a town, much more. It's a way of life, a place built with words that holds the heart, mind and spirit of those who call it home whether for four years or a lifetime. Oxford is at the crossroads of Southern culture, class and cuisine. The storied buildings around the picture perfect town square seem to hold the key to Southern culture, equally embracing learning and leisure. In many ways Oxford is a dichotomy, simultaneously offering stimulation and serenity, creativity and calm. Oxford is a state of mind, a gateway to some and a lifelong home to others. It's a place where all four seasons take a firm hold, accentuated by football games, festivals and friendships.
Oxford is full of stories that resonate with a tenor that can only be found in a town that reverberates Southern charisma and charm. Enjoy the slices of life that follow as they are but snapshots of the town and university we so deeply love and admire.
- Texas Visionary Brings Development, Love to Oxford
- Ronzo: The Gateway Drug to Cool
- Ron Shapiro, one-of-a-kind ‘cultural ambassador’ for Oxford, Mississippi, has died
- Four Decades of Oxford’s Square Books
- Tailgating Goes Above and Beyond at the University of Mississippi
- At Ole Miss, evolving perceptions both outward and inward
- Week 6: What Happened To You On Saturday?
- Real Estate Students Network With Wine-Tasting, Plan Future Goals
- The Anatomy of a Field Storming: The Fantastic Saga of the Ole Miss Goalposts
- Hotel for College Towns Coming to Oxford in 2015
- Harvest Supper: An Unforgettable Night
- Movie Magic
- Who Remembers the Rebel Deli?
- American Atlas: Oxford, Mississippi
- The Sounds and the Fury - Down Home with Ole Miss, Beauty Queens and Literary Greatness in Oxford
- Are You Ready to Ryde?
- Ole Miss, MSU Real Estate Producing Grads Schooled in the Art of the Deal
- About Oxford
- Ole Miss’ Bo Wallace and Rebels Boat Race Longhorns 44-23
- Top 10 Best Small Towns, 2013
- Throwback Friday
- Oxford Takes the Tailgate
- Of Parties, Prose and Football
- A Sincere Thank You To The Good Folks of Ole Miss
- America’s Best College Bars
- New Oxford High School Under Construction
- They’re Bitin’ at Ezell’s Fish Camp
- Oxford Ranked as Nation’s Second-Best College Town
- Best of 2012- #4 Oxford Ranked as Nation’s Second-Best College Town
- Oxford Tourism: ‘All Good News’
- Best Breakfasts Around the World
- Take Monday Off: Oxford
- The Grove at Ole Miss
- Goose Creek Club Breaks Ground
- Inside Forbes: On a Visit to Ole Miss, a Look Into Journalism’s Past, Present and Future
- Forward Together: We Are Ole Miss
- Ole Miss National 60 Second Spot
- Sorry We’re Open
- Tailgate Movie
- Ole Miss Football: Vanderbilt Highlight ‘13
- The Tailgating Experience at Ole Miss
- The Pride of the South: From Dixie With Love
- Oxford, Mississippi on CNBC Boomer Nation
- Oxford, Mississippi
- Best Atmosphere in College Baseball
- Ole Miss Football - Opening Weekend 2012
- Ole Miss Football Team Intro 2012
- America’s Game - 1962 Ole Miss Rebels National Champions - John Vaught
- “Lock The Vaught”
- Ole Miss Baseball Home Run Shower
- The Ole Miss Rebels Throw Texas Size Party
- Ole Miss Band Dixie
- Ole Miss HOTTY TODDY Cheer
- The Oak Ridge Boys Tribute to George Jones
- Hoka Video / Documentary
- Oak Ridge Boys Stop in Oxford
- George Will Gives Honors Convocation Address
- College Towns Doubling as Retirement Communities
Goose Creek Club Breaks Ground
Taking part in the Goose Creek groundbreaking ceremony today were, left to right, Bill Turner, club counsel, Alexis Stobbe, founder and board member, Barney Chadwick, managing partner, Louis Brandt, board chairman, Coach Billy Chadwick and Sanford Thomas, board member. Photo By Kaytee Hazlewood
Construction is officially underway on the Goose Creek Club in Oxford, following a groundbreaking ceremony at the Anderson Road site of the new sports complex on Wednesday.
Slated to open its swim and tennis facilities this summer, the Goose Creek Club will be a private club featuring a resort style pool, eight Hydro Clay tennis courts (Oxford’s only clay courts), and a 10,000 square foot club house. The clubhouse and fitness center, pro shop, and cafe and bar are scheduled to be completed in September, with a grand opening gala planned for next October.
“I was very excited about how many people came out to join us for our groundbreaking celebration,” Barney Chadwick said. “It was amazing.”
Club amenities will include a full service pro shop, fitness gym with state of the art cardio equipment, strength stations and free weights, spin room, a full class schedule including aerobics, yoga and pilates, plush locker rooms with steam rooms, a grille/café, child care and outside playground.
Oxford’s Barney Chadwick teamed with his twin brother Billy, long-time head tennis coach at Ole Miss, to start the Goose Creek Club.
The brothers bring more than 60 years of combined tennis experience to the project. Barney’s past experience includes general manager of the River Hills Club in Jackson and director of tennis for the City of Jackson. He also served as full-time consultant to the building of the upscale Club at the Township in Ridgeland.
“The Goose Creek Club will be similar to the Club at the Township project, but with more of a balance between tennis, swim and fitness,” Barney Chadwick says.
Chadwick and his wife relocated from Jackson to Oxford in 2011 so he could devote himself full-time to the development of Goose Creek Club. While Barney serves as club general manager and tennis director, his brother Billy continues to serve as Head Tennis Coach at Ole Miss alongside his involvement with the club.
The club sits on ten wooded acres at the back entrance of Wellsgate at Anderson Road. Barney Chadwick describes the location as “very convenient to the Wellsgate community, but easily accessible to the rest of Oxford.”
Goose Creek Club is offering an Early Bird Special for membership signup before May 1. For membership information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (662) 259-8688. –– Michael Harrelson, Editor, HottyToddy.com