Largest Crowd Ever for Meet the Rebels
- Mississippi Queen
- New Feature of the College Tour: First-Class Campus Hotels
- Restaurant Chains Get Burned by Overexpansion, New Rivals
- Blake Tartt III: “I Wouldn’t Be Where I Am Without Ole Miss”
- NCAA High Five
- Welcome to Hillstone, America’s Favorite Restaurant
- Ryde With Us: HottyToddy.com Girls Try PureRyde
- Despite a Housing Recovery, Middle-Income Families Are Increasingly Losing Ground on Affordability
- The Beat Goes on at Raiford’s
- Joel Kotkin talks small town revivalism in Oxford
- Visit Oxford Mississippi
- Grocery stores stuck in the slow checkout line
- Rising rents on the Square has some concerned
- Joel Kotkin, Internationally-Known Urban Development Expert to Speak May 6 at Pavilion
- The End of All Music
- Ole Miss Football: Higher Ground
- JSU and Ole Miss journalism schools announce partnership
- Sugar Bowl 2016
- Thor Equities Completes Residential Foundation Pour At Kirby Collection
- William Faulkner’s Heirs Aim to Preserve His Legacy and Profit From It
- The Allure of Ole Miss Football
- Dinner at Faulkner’s
- Welcome Back September
- Blake Tartt Preserves Oxford History One Building at a Time
- Largest Crowd Ever for Meet the Rebels
- Full Motion Running and Cycling
- Princeton Review Ranks University of Mississippi
- Building A Legacy
- Best Small Town Colleges
- Evening At Rowan Oak
- Archie Manning weighs in on IHL decision
- Khayat: Firing Dan Jones egregious, major mistake
- Hall: College board acted cowardly in Dan Jones matter
- Dan Jones out as Ole Miss chancellor when contract expires Sept. 14
- Ole Miss Chancellor Dan Jones’ contract not renewed
- Memphis Favorite Mesquite Chop House Opening in Oxford
- Creating the Experience
- From the Desk of Dean Norton
- PureRyde Grand Opening Shows Off Equipment
- Are You Ready to Ryde?
- Blake Tartt III Brings Pure Ryde to Oxford
- Pure Ryde Brings Innovation to Cycling Pilates Classes
- Texas Visionary Brings Development Love to Oxford
OXFORD, Miss. – A record crowd of over 6,000 fans turned out for Meet the Rebels Day presented by Cannon Motors, Saturday at the Manning Center. Fans lined up hours before the doors opened for the opportunity to meet and get autographs from their favorite players and coaches.
Fans mingled with players and coaches from the preseason nationally ranked football team, as well as the soccer, volleyball and rifle teams. Members of the cheerleading and Rebelette squads also visited with fans during the event.
In addition, fans were treated to photo opportunities, children’s games, food, giveaways and merchandise during the two hours.
Various coaches and administrators addressed the crowd, and the voice of the Rebels, David Kellum, walked around and talked to some of the players while they were signing autographs.
Soccer kicked off the athletics season Friday night with a 2-0 exhibition win against Central Arkansas and will host Boise State Aug. 23 at Noon. Volleyball starts its season Aug. 28 with the Magnolia Invitational, but fans are invited to attend the team’s Red/Blue Scrimmage Aug. 24 at 7 p.m., at the Gillom Sports Center. Football kicks off its season Sept. 5 at home against UT-Martin. Rifle begins in October with its first home match Oct. 3.